Monday, December 16, 2013

All About Advent Calendars for a DIY December Adventure

Advent is from the Latin word adventus which means “coming”. It is a time of expectation, waiting, and preparation for the celebration of Christmas. We have a family tradition to bring out our Advent calendar each year to mark progression of the season to count or celebrate the days in anticipation of  Christmas. I have collected a number of fun advent calendars that you can create yourself. Of course after a number of years I seemed to lose my creative ideas for what to put in each little pocket so I created an ornament set that we can reuse each year. The first 12 match the song "Twelve Days of Christmas" and the rest are seasonal images.

Here are some of my favorite DIY calendars:
fewthingsfrommylife.blogspot.mx/2011/11/advent-calendar_29.html

stylizimoblog.com/diy-advent-calendar/

spoonful.com/crafts/cone-iferous-advent

www.brigitte.de/wohnen/selbermachen/weihnachts-bloggerei/adentskalender-...

A free printable with little drawers for the ornaments-- cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3159/advent_calendar_02/index.html

Interested in the ornament set? I sell those here at my Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/116207658/wooden-advent-calendar-ornaments-set-of




No comments:

Post a Comment