Thursday, October 20, 2011

What are you reading?

A little off topic today- but I just got a new kindle. I've had one for a couple of years until my toddler son whacked it with a plastic railroad track- probably to see what sound it might make as he was making the rounds of the living room furniture. The bash killed the screen and I was for once thankful I'd purchased an extended warranty that includes railroad bashing. I've not yet had time to open the box but I've been loading up on books from the free libraries. Right now I'm hooked on all kinds of 1800's mysteries and who-dun-its. (It's a huge cost saver when you read 2 books a week to go with ones out of copyright.)

Of course there is the Sherlock Holmes series but I stumbled across an author recently named Anna Katharine Green. I'm sure I'm the last to know but her success seems a neat thing given the time she lived in. The books are clever and well written and give you a glimpse into the day to day life of a strong female character in that day. I've been finding most of them at the Gutenburg free libraries and some more at Archive.org  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment