Monday, June 20, 2011

Canadian Postal Strike

I've been getting a lot of Canadian orders lately- interesting- and of course I get this note today as I'm trying to ship a package there:

Canada Postal workers intend to strike effective at 11:59 PM Central Time, Saturday, June 18. At that time, the US Postal Service will not accept any First-Class Mail International, Priority Mail International, or Express Mail International to Canada.

So all postage printing and shipping to Canada has been disabled and I can't ship my package. Surely this won't affect my customer's opinion of my work- maybe I should include a freebie.  

According to USPS- it should be back up next week but I imagine the spaghetti left behind to unravel will take them all a while to sort out. I'm shipping FedEx for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment